Of the aesthetic treatments most used in dental clinics today, we highlight dental implants. So much so that demand continues to rise over the years, and the procedure has become very safe.
However, we want to mention some of the problems that may appear during different periods of treatment.
Reminder of what a dental implant is
An implant is based on placing a screw that will be used as a dental root and that will hold the dental prosthesis that will be placed on top.
Because it is a complex and delicate process, complications can arise. Thanks to our experience at Anfruns Dental Clinic we have solutions for any problem that may arise.
ProblemsThere are three phases in which problems may arise.
During surgeryThere is a possibility that there is not enough bone to ensure proper screw anchoring. This situation must be evaluated by the implantologist, and the solution lies in taking advantage of the adjoining pieces to fix the prosthesis in them. This technique is called dental bridge.
After the treatmentIn the post-dental implant phase, also called the healing phase, problems such as:
- The dental implant moves Because the screw is made with a biocompatible material, the bone adheres to it, filling each space. This ensures a perfect fixation. In the event that the implant moves, it could have been rejected, which should be consulted as soon as possible.
- We suffer allergy from a dental implant Despite presenting rarely, your body may reject the implant. In that case we must study other options
- The dental implant bleeds Some bleeding is normal after a surgical operation
- We suffer an infection by a dental implant Antibiotics will be prescribed and follow-up will be done to measure the evolution of the infection
Time after having had an implantProblems that can affect both bone healing and implant duration are:
- Periodontal diseases
- Habits such as tobacco and alcohol consumption